Let us talk about common knife types and variations they have! If you got this Damascus steel folding knife then you should also know the basics of rest of the knives. We have this meat carving knife, boning knife, bread knife and butcher knife, then we have breaking knife and also chef knife. Now jump onto the details and descriptions of these common knives:
Basic Knife Types
- We have a common type of meat carving knife. It is true that in this cutlery world, we have extensive range and type of meat cutting knives and among them, we have this meat carving knife. This knife is used so that you can easily slice thin pieces of meat. To cut and slice poultry and roasts, if you want to cut hams and other kinds of large cooked meats then use this meat carving knife. Note that these carving knives, they are much and quite thinner when to compared to chef’s knives.
- On the next, we have a boning knife. These boning knives are made with flexible blades and semi-flexible blades or they do have stiff blades. These knives lengths range from 3″ to 8″ inches. If you want to separate any meat kind from their bones then use this knife always. As these knives have flexible blades, that is why these knives are great and best for the tasks linked with shaping and denuding as well as for seaming. These knives are commonly used by experienced and professional butchers.
Other Common Knife Kinds
- Note that these butcher knives, they are usually heavy and they have wide also slightly in form curved blades. This knife kind is extremely useful for the tasks and functions linked with cutting and sectioning or for the tasks of trimming large and big pieces of meat.
- Then we have similar kind of butcher knife and it is these breaking knives. This knife is used so that you can break down and cut large and much big pieces of meat right into smaller cuts. These knives blades are 10 inches, they are being made to curve so that leverage can be created and you can easily break through the hard and tough skin and cartilage and even small bones. No doubt that these excellent knives if you want to trim the fat off right from meat. Basic types of Damascus steel swords will be shared sooner.
- Then we have cimeter knife or you can call it with the name of scimitar knife as well. This knife is a classic in form butcher knife. This knife comes with an upward kind of curving blade so that you can smoothly do your cutting tasks and trimming steaks.